Monday, January 2, 2017

Happy New Year!

✨ And still all your going to do is disapoint me.....and that's why I'm done trying with you:
**

And we blinked and 2017 has arrived.

I know that we lost iconic celebrities and suffered several tragedies in 2016.  In spite of that, 2016 was a good year for my family and I (praying that 2017 is also a good year)!  In 2016, we were blessed when my husband was given the position of Associate Children's Minister at our church (which we love), we witnessed babies come to a few special couples that had been longing to have them and we grew in new friendships.  We also had a couple of kid free weekends and times away to reflect.

Most people say that a new year is "turning over a new leaf" in life, especially with all of the changes that our country has gone through.  People try to change for the better, make resolutions and try to become a new person.  For some, a new year is also a new beginning.

However, if you have Christ in your life you do not have to wait until a new year to make a change.

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation.  The old has passed away; behold the new has come.  2 Corinthians 5:17

Thankfully, when you are in Christ you can always make a change. There are days when I really and truly blow it as a mom, a colleague, a wife or I just really stink at life and the choices I make.  I am so thankful that Christ says that his mercies are new every morning. 

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. Lamentations 3:22-23

All we have to do is ask!

I rarely make New Year's Resolutions, because more often they are usually broken.  This year my resolution is to simply look a little more like Jesus each day. I desire to love others harder, grow a little deeper in his word and in his love and to look out of the box for other opportunities to serve Him.

To sum up, I found this awesome videos by The Skit Guys that I would encourage you to check out. It talks about the New Year's resolutions that we make and break each year, it is a little comical!  It is about 5 minutes long, so check it out!


Happy 2017 everyone!!


** Photo credit:  https://www.pinterest.com/pin/353814114460862031/

No comments:

Post a Comment