Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Happy Birthday America : 4th of July recap

We had a great 4th of July this year! The day was filled with lots of good food, time with sweet friends and memories!

We began the day by hosting brunch for one of our favorite families who moved away 2 years ago to a state 17 hours away!  We were thrilled months ago when they told us that they were coming back for a visit! Amber and I have remained in touch and our kids loved playing together ! We were heartbroken when they moved away and I loved picking back up right where we left off!


I was just sad that I didn't get the sweetest pictures ever of my kids making brunch with their Dad. It was adorable seeing Finn making waffles and Addison frying bacon! They were occupied all morning  and they loved it! My husband frequently talks of helping his Dad make breakfast on the weekends growing up, so it was so sweet seeing him teach our children the same thing.


Their sweet friends seemed to really enjoy the brunch as well. We had a total of 7 kids and 4 adults. I love hosting sweet families!!  But, all good things must come to an end and it was time for their departure. We are hoping to travel and see them next!

Later that evening, we gathered with many of the families from our small group at our friends Alan and Taryn's home. They have a swimming pool, so my kids were so excited!  For most of the evening, the kids swam around and Taryn was in the pool with all of them. I really wish that I had gotten a picture!

We had a wonderful time together! We laughed, shot off fireworks and ate a lot of good food!
My sweet Finn and Avery! Avery didn't want to hear the fireworks, so Alan helped her out with some noise cancellation headphones! I asked Finn to stand beside her, to compare height and he put his hand around her little waist. These two are very sweet together! Finn was so excited because his Papaw bought him his own bag of fireworks to share!


I love these sweet friends! Taryn and I have been friends for about 4 years now and we talk several times per day! Heather is also a very sweet friend! She and I met last year when our boys were playing basketball. She and her sweet family began attending our church and we have been in small group together ever since! I am so excited because she and her family will be living less than 5 minutes away from us soon!

I hope that everyone else had a blessed 4th of July! We are so blessed to live in the land of the free and the home of the brave! 

No comments:

Post a Comment