Saturday, August 20, 2016

Eyes, Ears & Heart

I just wanted to pass along some items that I am currently reading / listening to/ making my heart beat. I am hoping that it will be an encouragement to you!  As always feel free to email me at imaginehisblessings@yahoo.com if you have any questions, comments or suggestions!

Eyes - I am currently reading Univited: Living Loved When You Feel Less Than, Left Out and Lonely by Lysa TerKuerst (5 gold stars for me for spelling her last name correctly on the first try).


I actually pre ordered this book at Lifeway & picked it up the same day that it was released !  I could not wait to get my hands on it and now, I can't put it down!  

Since reading this book, I have uncovered a lot of hurt that I have had in my life and I am working through it to forgive.  My favorite quote from this book, so far is:

Bitterness, resentment and anger have no place in a heart as beautiful as yours. 
- Lysa Terkeurst

I'm saying too much...go and pick up your own copy!

Ears- I have recently fallen in love with the Christian group "For King and Country".  Their songs always seem to come on the radio at the exact moment that I need them.  Within the past 6 months or so, we started playing Pandora softly in our home.  I was so excited when I found the "For King and Country" Pandora station!

This is their newest song.....don't you love it?




Heart - About a year ago, I read "The Circle Maker" by Mark Batterson.  It completely changed my prayer life!  The day that I went into Lifeway to pick up "Uninvited", I noticed "Draw the Circle: " The 40 Day Prayer Challenge" on the sale table ( I may or may not have squealed)!  





"When you pray to God regularly, irregular things will happen on a regular basis." - Mark Batterson

I am currently on day 11 and one thing that I have noticed is that my quiet time has gotten a lot longer!  I started writing in my journal the other night and I was so consumed in my quiet time, that before I noticed an hour had went by and my husband was snoring beside me!


What are the things that have pricked your heart lately? 







No comments:

Post a Comment