Monday, January 1, 2018

Merry New Year

It is always challenging finding the time to have Christmas with my side of the family, between work schedules and distance it is always tricky. When we do find the time to get together, we normally travel to my sister's home (3 hours away) with the big back yard and we have a blast. We spent this past weekend celebrating Christmas and New Year's and despite the South being frozen this weekend, we had a great time!

Spunky needed to be at church on Sunday, so my kids and I rode down with parents on Saturday afternoon. Addison and Finn woke up super early because they were ready to gooooo and see their cousins. I loved catching this sweet moment between my Dad and my youngest nephew.


On Sunday, Spunky made his way down after church and we were all so ready to see him. I love that he and my brother in law were friends before they were brother in law's and they still have a close relationship.


We opened gifts on Sunday afternoon. You never know what kind of gift that you're going to open. It could be good, or somewhat humerous! My mom gifted my brother in law with a couple of boxes of his favorite soda!


On Sunday evening, we drove to a popular park to watch a famous Egg (yes, egg) drop and see Christmas lights. During the Christmas season it takes hours of waiting in line to see the Christmas lights, but on New Year's Eve there was no wait. The lights were all so beautiful.


The kids enjoyed the chicken "Cooper" and the Egg drop. They were also gifted New Year's hats, noisemakers (thankfully I wasn't in the minivan with all 5 kids and noisemakers) ! Ha!



The weekend was just wonderful, just not long enough. My nephews are growing up into such mighty men of God and I am so thankful for my sister and brother in law for the great values that they are instilling into these sweet kids. I gave my sister a small picture for Christmas that says "You're the mom that everyone wants" and it's true! She is such a fantastic Mom!


All good things must come to an end and I can't wait to get these sweet kids together again soon!

Until Next Time....






No comments:

Post a Comment