Sunday, August 26, 2018

Sticky Table...



A few months ago I realized how much my soul missed ministering to women.  At our previous church, I was blessed to serve on the Women's Ministry team and I taught the Uninvited Bible Study in late 2017.  I loved meeting with the ladies each week to hear their hearts, pray with them and see their lives transform into little sponges soaking up the scriptures each week.

I yearned to lead the Rachel and Leah study by Nicki Koziarz, but I did not see how I could possibly lead a study because A: I still did not have a home church
                                  B: I did not have an abundance of time
                                  C: I did not have a place to meet

However, God would not allow me to rest until I finally committed to leading the study. I wrestled with who should I invite, where we should meet and when we should meet. I heard God whisper, you have a home and you have Facebook friends.  So, one day I put the idea on Facebook that I was starting a Bible Study at my home, meeting every other Tuesday evening and whoever was interested could come and invite a friend or two.

I was so nervous the next week for Tuesday.  I arranged child care, swept my floors and prayed for things to go as best as they could as possible. When Tuesday evening came, my home was filled with 5 ladies.  We came together, prayed and enjoyed hugs and the beginnings of new friendships.

The Rachel and Leah study came and went and the next thing I know is more ladies are approaching me about doing other studies. I thought that this would be a one time thing, but the ladies wanted to continue doing Bible Studies throughout the summer months as well! I was completely blown away!  

After much prayer, Sticky Table Ministries was formed.  Yes, sticky table.  I decided upon this name because Lysa TerKeurst has been such an inspiration to me and my coming to know Christ.  I remember thinking that I could relate to her because her biography often states that she "writes from her sticky farm table".  I also have a farm table and it is often sticky from the syrup of the 6 year old who loves waffles and bacon for breakfast each day.  

I also decided this name because my home is not perfect, nor will it ever be.  I try to keep my home clean, but lets face it with a husband, 2 kids and a cat and with our crazy schedule...we do the best that we can. I have told the ladies that my home is filled with love and good memories. When they are in my home on Tuesday evenings I desire to love on them, pray for them and encourage them to be a little closer to the Heavenly Father when they leave.

We are about to complete our latest study, "Becoming More than a Good Bible Study Girl" by Lysa TerKeurst and we are looking forward to the next one. Sticky Table ministries is open to any lady who desires studying God's word, friendship and community.


**Graphic courtesy of Proverbs 31 Ministries

No comments:

Post a Comment