Monday, August 5, 2019

The People Around You....

Greetings from my favorite place in the world...the beach! My family and I are here this week enjoying togetherness, sun, sand and memory making! We are having a wonderful time so far!

One of my favorite things about our beach time is morning coffee with my husband on the balcony where we people watch, have quite time and sip on our daily infusion of caffeine before heading out to be parents of two kids at the beach (and by the way..it takes a lot of arms to carry all the things out each day)!

Yesterday morning, my husband and I began watching two guys paddle boarding on the shore. I was immediately intrigued as I have witnessed paddle boarding many times, but never in the ocean. I was impressed that these guys were standing on their boards despite the waves. Then, the guys began riding the waves in on their boards. One guy was doing a really good job, but the other guy seemed to be knocked off of his board each time a big wave came. I felt sorry for him and I noticed that I began cheering for him to get back on each time that he was knocked off (and no, I don't know him).

It brought me back to the dark times of my life, those times when I was knocked down and sometimes others would rally around me and encourage me. Sometimes after the battle was over and I survived, people would tell me how proud they were that I got back up. In this life, we will have trouble...it is inevitable. However, sometimes we need to get back up not only for ourselves, but for others!

Other people are watching us and the battles that we face, they are secretly cheering for us and wanting us to get back up again. Sometimes they too are fighting a battle that we know nothing about, but when they see us get back up, it encourages them to do the same!

My new paddle boarding friend continued to paddle board for the next hour and I cheered him on the entire time. I have to say that he got better as the hour continued. I am just happy that he continued to get back on the board, despite the waves.

No comments:

Post a Comment