Sunday, May 1, 2016

Weekend Recap...Early Birthday Shennanigans & Kool Aid Pie

Loved this weekend!!

It's a rare treat that my husband and I get to go on a date by ourselves & continue on to a night at home without the 2 pairs of little feet.  A Sunday without having to get Finn ready for church...bliss (he hates getting dressed in church clothes and always throws a tantrum)! However, I missed them, we constantly talked about them during dinner!!

My Birthday is on Tuesday & I desperately needed new clothes.  My clothes from last summer were 3 sizes bigger than I am currently wearing, so Spunky and I went to the new outlet mall to shop.  Spunky told me that I had one rule to follow: Do not buy anything for the kids!  Both of our children have plenty of clothes & Spunky was tired of seeing my shorts folded over the top! 

Woo hoo for Gap outlet!!! I bought SO much stuff for less than $70 (even a dress for $12)!!  Needless to say that I was soo happy!  At the end of my shopping spree I ended up with 2 pairs of shorts, 2 shirts, 1 pair of shoes and a dress!

After shopping we went to eat Japanese food.  We opted for a regular table instead of the cooking table so that we could talk and enjoy our food without the company of strangers.  I had big intentions of visiting Marble Slab for ice cream after dinner, but I was too full.

So we went home and I made 2 desserts for church.  I wanted to make a different dessert instead of the ones that I had made for our last functions, but I did not have as much Pinterest time this week and so, I had to bring repeat desserts...which were good, but I was still disappointed.  I made a strawberry shortcake trifle. I'm getting tired of taking trifles to church because each time I make one, Spunky says "did you put beef in the trifle" (if you don't watch Friends, you probably wouldn't understand that, so i'm sorry).  I also made a Kool aid pie, which I love, but i'm pretty sure that my family were the only ones to eat...so I need to branch out.  If you have good dessert recipes...please send them my way!!!

Church was awesome as always!!  However, a lot of the volunteers for children's ministry were out of town or sick this week, so I volunteered to teach both services for the elementary school children.  I was really really nervous about doing.  Especially since we learned that our big kids room was being used for the church lunch after church and I was going to have to teach out of two classrooms off to the side.  When I originally heard this, I immediately looked at the forecast and saw that there was a big chance of rain during church, so I was disappointed that I wouldn't even be able to go outside.  However, I immediately prayed for sunshine and I was happy that my prayers were answered and it was super sunny!!  I was worried about keeping all of the children (especially since the ones that stay for both services) entertained for 3 hours, but it went really well!!  All of the kids are awesome and I switched the lesson up a bit. 

After church on Sunday, I had my usual Sunday afternoon nap!  I'm never sure what to say when people say that they don't take naps.  I have always said that I'm a grump if I don't get my nap on Sunday! My family (kids included) are typically at church for 3-4 hours on Sunday's, so we all usually take a nap (kids included)!  Today's nap was especially awesome because I got to sleep with the windows open with a warm breeze blowing over me as I slept. Fabulous!!

Thankfully this evening I was able to get a lot of things accomplished for this week.  Hoping that this week is smooth sailing! 

And just because I think that Kool Aid pie is easy and delicious....I wanted to pass the recipe along to you!

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment