Wednesday, November 1, 2017

My Favorite Blogs...

Many people frequently ask me "So, you blog...why do you do that?" The answer always makes me blush, but I have always enjoyed reading blogs of other women, their words are always encouraging.  I remember reading different parenting blogs after having my daughter in 2006 and their words always seeped into my soul and left me feeling encouragement after realizing that parenting is much harder than I ever imagined.  When facebook and Instagram began to take off I noticed that most people began writing on their blogs less and less, but I still yearned for their descriptive postings and encouragement.  I began to get frustrated and I felt God tug on my heart and tell me one evening (while reading The Circle Maker by Mark Batterson) that "you are called to write." So...after procrastinating for what seems like eternity, I began to slowly put together my blog.

I also wanted to share a few of my favorite blogs to read, so that you may find encouragement also.

#1. Kelly's Korner  Kelly's blog is one of the first that I began reading.  She lives in Arkansas with her husband and 3 children.  I love Kelly's style, her openness about her faith and her honesty that parenting is HARD! I loved reading about her struggles with infertility and seeing how God provided 2 sweet girls and an (unexpected) baby boy! Kelly and her family were at Disney a couple of weeks ago when my family and I were and while my husband and kids were keeping their eyes peeled for Mickey, I was hoping and praying to bump into Kelly and her family (and no, I do not know her and I know that she wouldn't have a clue who I was, but we can all hope that she would have pulled me aside and asked to go and have ice cream with me in the castle)!!

#2 JoanneHeim.com I began reading Joanne's blog about 5 years ago.  Joanne has an amazing testimony from where God brought her through a massive stroke and the new challenges with life.  She has undergone intensive therapy and she now drives and does a lot of traveling!  She and her dog now help stroke patients as Maddie is a therapy dog! I love reading about all of her adventures and seeing God's faithfulness in her life!

#3 Before the Morning This is another wonderful story of God's amazing love!  The Williams Family has a special place in my heart (as their son, Jonah goes to school with my nephew). I began reading their story in 2008 shortly after Jonah was born. Jonah suffers from epidermolysis bullosa, which is a painful skin condition.  A better explanation is here. Parents Patrice and Matt have been faithful and done an amazing job taking care of Jonah and his new adoptive brother.  Their story always warms my heart!

I hope that you can find some encouragement in these blogs also!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment