Thursday, March 3, 2016

Called to write...

Some have asked me why I have decided to blog.

For starters, I wouldn't say that I decided to blog, but that God called me to blog.  A few years ago, I had a blog for my family.  Mainly documenting activities that we did, our vacations...etc. I loved blogging, but I also got lazy and I didn't update as much once facebook came around.  I also got concerned about the securities of the blog.  It seemed unsetteling that my children's pictures were on the internet and that anyone could see them.  My husband and I do have facebook profiles, but they are extremely priavate, so I do feel safe in knowing that only our friends can see our children's pictures.  However, I also loved reading "Mommy Blogs" such as Kelly's Korner, Boomama, McMama and Blonde Ambition.  I still love reading blogs, but it seems that there isn't as many blogs to read.  One day I was venting my frustration in my head about the limited amount of Mommy Blogs and I heard God's voice say "why don't you start a blog?"  Of course, I hesitated with this telling God that I didn't have enough time to blog and other excuses...

Anyway, when God wants you to do something, you should just do it.  In December, I was reading "The Circle Maker" by Mark Batterson late one night when everyone was asleep.  I read the words "called to write" and they jumped off of the page an my stomach did a friendly flip flop.  I knew that God was again calling me to start a blog.

A few days later, I was at church talking to L about social media while the children were playing during children's worship.  I remember telling her that I used to blog, but I stopped and that I missed writing. I told her my idea of starting "With These Feet" and to make sure that there wasn't any security concerns that I would only show pictures of my children's feet.  She told me that she liked the idea and that I should go for it.  She's always so encouraging!

A week or so later, I heard a sermon at church.  The entire sermon was focused on "What has God asked you to do, that you're not doing?"  Yup...this blog was on my heart. I knew that I needed to start it, but I didn't know why or how or when I was even supposed to. 

Weeks went by and I still felt God nudging me to start "With These Feet".  On a Saturday when Addison and Finn were napping, I went online and registered the blog site. I had my husband take pictures of my feet and posted them.  I then,  started my first entry, but got distracted and went on about my day, never finishing the post.

I thought my first post all week and knew that the first post stunk and that I needed to write another one.  The next weekend I came to my lap top again and watched the cursor blink for about 10 minutes before I started my first entry again. I finally took a deep breath, and wrote and posted my first entry.

I am always encouraged and sometimes a little shy when people tell me that they read my blog.  The truth is, I'm usually blogging for myself! I hope that this blog is an encouragement for others and puts a smile on your face.  However, I just want God to know how awesome he is!  I want to look back at my entries later in life and see how God carried me through these difficult times.

So, if you're still reading...thank you!  I hope that you enjoy it!   I hope that I can put a smile on your face, a bounce in your step and that you feel God's love in your heart!

Blessings my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment