Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Coffee Dates with my people!



It was a cold rainy Monday evening.  I had been home for a little over an hour when I changed my shirt 3 times, bathed my children, put on some made up and backed my VW out of the drive way to meet 4 other pairs of feet for coffee.  I had been looking forward to seeing their friendly faces all day!

These pairs of feet are such special ladies in my life.  I have prayed for years that God would bless me with such sweet Christian friends.  I treasure the moments that we spend together.

Mrs P was one of the first people that I met when I started attending our church.  She taught Addison in her small group class the first Sunday that we attended.  I was so surprised when I received a card in the mail from her the following week saying what a sweet child Addison was.  I was blown away with her kindness!  Since then, she has continued to show me kindness and I have loved getting to know her.  One one particular challenging day, I received a phone call from Mrs. P saying "God put you on my heart to pray for you today, can I pray for you?"  Tears sprung to my eyes that anyone could possibly be so generous. 

I first met L over hotdogs at a church picnic over the summer.  One of the first things that I noticed about her, was that she had everything together for a mother of three!  She was so kind to her children and her girls looked adorable in their matching outfits.  Since then, I have learned so much from her by working with her in the nursery and children's ministry.  I love that she always encourages me and that she has a huge amount of faith.  I am so excited that she and her husband are expecting their forth child!  I am praying for her little family as it grows and that she will have a blessed pregnancy.

I remember the first time that I saw A....or the back of her head anyway!  Her dark hair was pulled into the most perfect bun during Sunday morning service. She sort of resembeled Joanna Gaines from "Fixer Upper".   That evening, she and her husband and four precious children were at our small group.  I squealed "That Joanna Gaines girl is here".  Spunky looked at me with a confused look and said "Huh?? What are you talking about".  Nothing. Just nothing.  Our friendship has blossomed over the past few months and I love having her family over for dinner.  Our children get along perfectly and I can't wait to see where God takes our friendship.


Sweet K is one of the sweetest people that I know.  When I was sick with the stomach virus a few weeks ago, she sent me a text asking if she could keep my children so that I could rest.  She also had nursery duty the Sunday that Finn apparently wanted to see how long that he could hold his pee, which didn't work out too well.  Poor kid completely soaked his entire outfit, down to his socks!  Sweet K didn't sweat it at all, even finding clean clothes so that I could enjoy the rest of the Sunday morning service.  I felt so bad, but she assured me that all was well!  I am so thankful that God moved her and her family from the middle of the state to our little town.  Especially since her cinamon rolls are heavenly!

These precious ladies and I meet for coffee every other week or so.  Although, we are all running a 5K in April, so we may need to switch our coffee dates to the track.  I'm also thankful for their husbands who watch the children so that these Mom's can meet to talk about everything under the sun! 

I prayed for these sweet friends for years and there were times when I wondered if God was going to answer my prayer.  I know that God sometimes has us wait for a reason and these awesome ladies were worth the wait!

Love you friends!

Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor.  If either one of them falls down, one an help the other up.  But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up.
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment