Sunday, April 17, 2016

Weekend Recap: A Girl's Weekend & the 6 Roach's

This weekend was spectacular!  The men in my house went to visit my sister, brother in law and nephew's that live  3 hours away!  Addison is going to be in her gymnastics recital soon, so I felt that it would be best if she stayed here with me so that she did not have to miss her gymnastics class on Friday afternoon.  She was (surprisingly) okay with that!!  The thing disappointing about this weekend was that I forgot to take pictures of our adventures!

After dinner on Friday, we met my friend K and her two adorable daughters for ice cream in our little town. I absolutely love this ice cream shop because they make their own home made waffle cones and waffle bowls while you wait and they are absolutely delicious!  The ice cream is also fantastic!!  I try to get a new flavor each time, but I'm stuck on peppermint with a cinnamon waffle cone!  So yummy!!!  Addison is normally very shy around new kids and adults,  but she was surprisingly very chatty to K and her two girls.  I'm starting to think that she is outgrowing her shy phase that has lasted the past few years!

After we got home on Friday night Addison, Coco the dog and  I stayed up late in my room watching Dancing With the Stars from the week prior.  We had a blast commenting on the costumes and critiquing the dances.  The theme from that week was "Disney" and Addison particularly loved the Frozen dance.  All was going well, until 1 AM when Coco started to bark from down stairs.  Coco has only barked ~ 5 times in her entire life, so I was really freaked out especially since Spunky was gone.  I slowly went down stairs to discover that Coco actually wanted me to put her in her crate! We have been brave the past few nights and let her sleep outside her crate in the basement because she has been doing so well, but apparently she loves her crate!  I put her in her crate and didn't hear anything else out of her the rest of the night!

On Saturday, Addison was invited to her friend J's birthday party.  It was such a cute party!  It was J's 10th birthday and it was a tie dye theme!  J's mom had went all out!  Each child was encouraged to bring an item to tie dye and J's mom provided the materials.  A brought a shirt and it looks great!  J's mom had all tie dye treats to eat including tie dye rice krispie treats and a tie dye cake! She also had this amazing punch that was delicious!  I'm convinced that J's mom needs to plan Addison and Finn's birthday parties!  I stayed for the party and talked to my friend Beth and a couple of other mother's, it was a great time for both of us!

 Church on Sunday was fantastic, but it deserves it's own post.  All I can say is that if you are wanting God to answer a prayer request, please do not give up!  We serve an awesome God who wants to answer your prayer request, but great things take time, so please DO NOT stop giving it to him on a daily basis!!

On Sunday evening, our friend's the Roach's came over for dinner.  I always love having them over!  The parent's B and A are amazing people and my two kids adore their four children.  They love to run and laugh in our yard and they all get along amazingly well!  We grilled out hamburgers and hot dogs.  A knows that I love peanut butter and so she brought me a bag of peanut butter m & m's for us to share while we prepared dinner! 

This weekend was a great reminder that God loves me!!  I think back to this time last year, how depressed my husband were about so many situations in our life and I am so thankful that he delivered us from it.  We are so thankful that we are able to serve in an awesome church and that he has provided such amazing friends to have along the way.  I know that God wants us to be happy and I am so thankful that he answered our prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment