Monday, April 11, 2016

Weekend Recap

This weekend was clearly uneventful compared to last weekend.  Last weekend we were on the beach in beautiful, warm sunny FL.  This weekend we were back home, dressed in jeans and sweaters with 458 loads of laundry to do.  But such is life...

On Friday night I cooked an amazzziing dinner (if I do say so myself).  It was so good that my little people asked for seconds (which never ever happens).  Country style steak with gravy, home made mac n cheese, home made biscuits, apple sauce, green beans and mashed potatoes.  It was heavenly.  It was so good that when I saw our pup Coco eating scraps out of the trash can I didn't immediately stop her because I thought "this is probably the best food that you've ever eaten." Spunky didn't see it that way...

Especially the next morning when we woke up to a awful, horrible, the worst smell that I've ever smelled coming from the basement and discovered that Coco had well....you know in her doggie pen.  I then knew that I married a fantastic man because he didn't even suggest that I clean out the doggie pen and just went and did it anyway.  I then called Pet Smart (and I may or may have not told them that our pup was slathered in doggie poo) & I was thrilled when they told me that they could work Coco in at 9AM and that she would be there for ~ 5 hours for her doggie spa treatment.  I was thrilled that I would be down one child for the day and I had big plans to complete all 458 loads of laundry.

2 hours later I was dressed, hair straightened, make up on and on my second load of laundry when I heard my phone ring.  On the other end of the line was a lady with a British accent (unfortunately it was not Princess Kate or the Queen of England like I had hoped).  This lady was frantically telling me that I needed to pick up Coco instantly because she was sick.  I just knew that I should have let this call go to voice mail....  Anyway, Spunky had ventured to the city after he had dropped Coco off and he had driven his truck.  My Dad also had a truck and while I knew that he wouldn't be happy about this favor that I was about to ask him to do, I had hoped that I could make it up to him by batting my eyelashes like I had growing up.  Unfortunately, he was far away from home as well.  Ugh!  So, I loaded Addison and Finn in my car and they proceeded to ask me 865 questions about why I was putting trash bags all over every inch of my VW sedan? Where exactly Coco was going to sit? Where Addison was supposed to sit? why Finn still had to ride in a car seat?  How old Addison was going to be when she could ride in the front seat? How many days, years, hours, minutes and seconds that would exactly be?  What the weather forecast would be this week?  What would be served in the school cafeteria this week?  And if I pretended to tune them out, they got louder and Louder and LOUDER and eventually Finn would erupt in a loud shriek!

I finally made it to Pet Smart with my little people and they touched every single dog and cat that was shopping in Pet Smart. I was greeted by a poor lady at the desk who looked like Coco had put through the ringer.  She instructed me to pay for Coco's grooming service and then to come and get her (I was thinking, if you say so....you're the one stuck with her while I get in the longest line possible to pay).  I paid for her grooming service at the precise moment that Coco had just finished going #2 in the middle of the grooming salon (oops!). 

I then instructed Finn to hold Addison's hand and for them to follow behind me since I had the strongest Chocolate Lab on the face of the earth to walk to the car.  They both told me that they didn't want to hold hands and that they both wanted to hold Coco's leash.  After a quick "mom look", they decided to hold hands and we all made it to the car.  Thankfully, Coco didn't poo in my car on the way home and she only tried to sit in my lap 4 times on the 5 minute commute.

Spunky came home that afternoon and he was not ammused by my story of picking Coco up at PetSmart and he seemed to mumble something about me being "overdramatic".

Saturday evening was spent eating left overs (Coco had none) and venturing to Michael's to purchase Addison's first set of Shopkins (which resembles erasers that could be purchased in  a gumball machine in 1990).  Anyway, they made her happy and she spent 45 minutes that evening packing them in a Shopkins suitcase to take to church on Sunday.

Church on Sunday was ammaazzing!!  Even though I had to sit alone because Spunky had to help with children's ministry during the first service and I had to assist with Finn's class during second service.  I was quite proud of myself because
1. I sat by myself during the entire service
and...
2. I actually didn't cry during the music or the sermon (which never happens)
     Until....
the last 5 minutes of the service when our campus pastor stood up and was talking about some special things that would take place next Sunday and I started to bawl like a baby! 

I love my pastor, I love my church and I love that my family and I have been called to this church!  I never leave our church feeling unwanted, unloved or unneeded.  I always leave church feeling refreshed and more in love with Christ.

The rest of Sunday was spent taking my Sunday afternoon nap and finishing up almost all of my vacation laundry! I cooked my husband's favorite dinner and I organized everything for this week.  Hoping that this week will be more productive and that we will have more opportunities to serve Christ and others!

No comments:

Post a Comment