Monday, October 10, 2016

Lately around here...



Wow!

I just realized that it has been over a month since my last post!

Honestly, I have been feeling slightly overwhelmed with life since school started back in August.  Some days are long and busy....some days I find myself longing for a cup of coffee and a good conversation with a friend.  Nonetheless, most days I enjoy the season of life that I am in.

Six months ago, my husband was granted the job as Associate Children's Minister at our church.  There are really no words to describe how excited we were to take on this position.  I didn't find it coincidental that he took on the position, almost 7 years to the day that he announced his call into the ministry.  He is 6 months in...almost daily he says "Can you believe it? I can't believe that I've got my dream job!"

I myself have learned a lot in the past 6 months.  I have a new respect for pastors and their wives and families.  I have learned that there are sometimes that your husband isn't present for a family event, because he is ministering to another family, or attending a conference...or sometimes you wake up in the middle of the night to find your husband bowing in prayer beside your bed because he is truly burdened for another person.

My children and I love that my husband is now in ministry.  Sometimes it means that they have a little extra craft time on the weekends...



Like these adorable bee hives that we created and hung over the weekend!  Addison and Finn also play an important role in children's ministry event planning.  I am also humbled with how they often pray for their friends at church during our devotion time at home.



Our first church event trip to a local apple orchard!

I have also felt convicted lately that I do not know enough scripture to recite when needed.  I wanted to start to memorize scripture myself and I wanted my children to be able to memorize scripture as well.  So....I purchased this beautiful chalkboard and placed it on the mantle in our living room.  Each evening during our family devotion time, my children and I take turns reading it over and memorizing the verse.  This is our second verse since the chalkboard purchase.


"And the child grew and became strong in spirit."  Luke 1:80

This week seems just as busy as the last few have been, but we're gearing up for a special kid to turn 10!

Lots of love!

No comments:

Post a Comment