Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Women Who Inspire Me: Amanda


I remember first meeting Amanda two years ago.  I was at a dinner at my church for new guests who had been attending.  Amanda was also there, in her scrubs serving glasses of sweet tea and lemonade. She had worked all day and instead of going home and putting her feet up, she was there...making my day better along with others who had been invited to the dinner.

Amanda and I frequently ran into each other at women's Bible studies, she served at the coffee bar at our church and she is always there anytime the door of the church is open.  She is one of the most selfless people that I know.  And this is why Amanda inspires me....

Amanda works full time in the city, like me. She is also a single mother to 3 wonderful kids that she is doing a fantastic job raising as well as a college student.  Amanda continues to show Jesus to her kids on a daily basis, encouraging her daughter and sons to put Him first in their lives. She also is always the first one to always sign up to bring a meal to someone who needs it or to help with a Children's Ministry event.  Amanda always uses each minute of her time to better the lives of those around her.

Amanda is always the first one to pray for me whenever I am overwhelmed with life.  Amanda and I frequently talk on our commutes into the city and she is always quick to quote scripture or to always let me know that God is listening during difficult seasons of life.  I am so lucky to have her as a friend!

Amanda inspires me because I can always see Jesus in her, during good times and bad times she always shines the light of his love.  She is always quick to listen and slow to anger. She is a blessing in my life and she inspires me to show more of the love of Jesus wherever I go...

"Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she laughs at the time to come. She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.  She looks well to the ways of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children rise up and call her blessed. Proverbs 31: 25-28A

No comments:

Post a Comment