Thursday, February 11, 2016

I fell in love with my husband in Chick Fil A

My husband is amazing!!  I love him so very much.  He has always worked so hard for our family to ensure that we have all of our needs met.  He is also the encourager of the family, alwas encouraging me to keep my faith in difficult times.  He's amazing!

I've always loved my husband, but I fell head over heels in love with him on Saturday evening.  Our children chose to eat at Chick Fil A for dinner on Saturday.  Being the awesome parents that we are, we agreed!

We always have the routine that "Spunky" takes the children to the playground first, I order the food and set the table and then we eat (usually followed up by more playground time after dinner).

Saturday evening we chose a table near the playground and we noticed an older man with a lot of dirty bags around him.  He did not have a heavy coat, some of his clothes were tattered and he did not have any socks.  It seemed that he had come into the resturant to warm up for a bit.

My husband, could not sit and eat comfortably knowing that this man did not have socks for the cold winter evening.  He put down his half eaten sandwich and announced that he was walking to the grocery store next door to purchase socks for the man.

Sadly, Harris Teeter does not sell socks, but my husband was not satisfied just leaving the man without at least a word of encouragement.

Spunky proceeded to offer to purchase food for the man, and then sat and talked with the man for close to an hour.  He may not have all of his earthly needs taken care of this evening.  However, I have confidence that has a large dose of encouragement this evening and that he is covered in prayer.

I fell in love with my husband during the hour that he spoke with this man.  To see that most people would have avoided or ignored him, "Spunky" chose to forgo his dinner with his family to meet the needs of another human being.  My husband may not have given me all of the material posessions that I have ever wanted, but he encourages  my soul every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment