Saturday, February 27, 2016

Inspiring person of the week: Miss Norma

What would you do if you found out that you had terminal cancer 2 days  after your husband of 67 years had passed away?

I'm not sure what many people would do, but I would probably sink really low.  I hope that even in those challenging moments that I would still cling to my faith and know that God still hasn't put an end to my life and that I could still be an encouragement to others.  I hope that I could spend my final days making sweet memories with those people that mean the most to me.


Meet Miss Norma, she is 90 years old and she was in this very situation.  Instead of becoming depressed or overwhelmed with treatment options, she looked up at her doctor and said "I'm 90 years old and I'm hitting the road".  Her doctor then replied with "Right On!"

Miss Norma then hit the road in an RV with her son, daughter in law and their poodle.  They have traveled to many national parks, Disney World and even took a hot air balloon ride!  They are documenting their entire journey on Facebook on a page called "Driving Miss Norma". 

Since hitting the road six months ago, Miss Norma's symptoms of cancer have decreased and she is doing well.  I cannot wait to see where she goes next!

Read the entire article about Miss Norma here.

No comments:

Post a Comment