Thursday, February 11, 2016

Just Breathe...

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
Matthew 11:28-29 NIV
 
 
To say that this has been a busy week would be an understatement.  This week has been filled to the brim with something to do every night.  I won't go into details of my crazy week, the activities have been "good things".  Events at school, things at church, things that improve our relationships with God and with Addison's school. 
 
However, it has left me stressed out, tired out, frazzeled and feeling like I'm constantly running. 
 
As I sit here at 10:30(still in dirty scrubs from the day), surrounded by the dirty contents of an elementary school child's lunch box.  I'm curious....did God intend for my life to constantly be running?  I've done the things that God would want me to do....going to church, supporting my child's education.  Of course!  Those are all really good things, however God also does not want me to feel frazzeled, stressed out and over tired.  What good am I for his kingdom if I am like this?  I cannot serve his kingdom well if I am over stressed.

I am also a people pleaser.  In my small group on Wednesday evenings we are doing a study called "What On Earth Am I Here For?"  by Rick Warren.  Last week, we discussed that people pleasing is acutally a sin.  I need to learn to say NO if I am over stressed or  if I am filled to my limit. 
 
Even though this week has been filled to capacity, I could have handled it better.  To be honest, I've focused all of my attention on the craziness of this week and I haven't lived for each moment.  I haven't made time for God during the craziness of this week.  When I don't have time for God, the peacefulness of my life goes out the window!  I know that if I had worried less about the cleanliness of my home this week and spent more time in his word, my world would be much easier to handle this week. 
 
 
The mess of my home will still be there on Saturday morning, but these moments are getting fewer and fewer....
 

 


 
 Big feet reading to busy little feet while I type out a blog post...
 
I don't believe in circumstances.  I know that God has me to be in the right place at the right time.  I believe that sometimes God even plays the exact song on the radio at the very moment that I need it.  It was not a coincidence that this song came on the radio as I made the last leg of my journey home this evening.
 
 
 
Alarm clock screaming bare feet hit the floor
It's off to the races everybody out the door
I'm feeling like I'm falling behind, it's a crazy life
Ninety miles an hour going as fast as I can
Trying to push a little harder trying to get the upper hand
So muchc to do in so little time, it's a crazy life
It's ready, set, go it's another wild day
When the stress is on the rise in my heart I feel you say just
 
(Chorus)
Breathe, just breathe
come and rest at My feet
And be, just be
Chaos calls but all you really need
is to just breathe
 
Third cup of joe just to get me
through the day
Wanna make the most of time but I feel
it slip away
I wonder if there's something more to
this crazy life
I'm busy busy, busy and it's no surprise to see
That I only have time for me, me, me
There's gotta be something more to this crazy life
I'm hanging on tight to another wild day
When it starts to fall apart in my heart I hear You say just
 
(chorus)
Breathe, just breathe
Come and rest at My feet
And be, just be
Chaos calls but all you really need
 
(bridge)
is to take it in fill your lungs
The Peace of God that overcomes
Just breathe
Let your weary spirit rest
Lay down what's  good and find
what's best
Just breathe
 
(chorus)
Just breathe, just breathe
Come and rest at My feet
And be. just be
Chaos calls but all you really need
is to just breathe
Just breathe
 
 
 
Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peacce at all times and in every way. 
2 Thessalonians 3:16
 
 

Is there anything that you need to praise God for?  Do you have a prayer request that I can pray for?  Please feel free to share it below or to email me at imaginehisblessings@yahoo.com
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment