Thursday, February 18, 2016

Joy Thieves...

This is what I want you to do: Ask the Father for whatever is in keeping with the things I've revealed to you.  Ask in my name, according to my will, and he'll most certainly give it to you.  Your joy will be a river overflowing its banks!
John 16:23-24 MSG
I work in the city, but I live out in the country.  When I am in "the city", I am more aware of my surroundings.  I keep my guard up.  My doors are always locked.  I carry my purse tightly under my upper arm.  When I am walking to my car, I always have my keys pointed in between my index and third finger (something that I learned in a self defense class years ago) so that I can jab their eyeballs out if they try to attack me.  I don't want anyone to take anything from me that does not belong to them.
However, there is something that Jesus gave me that always seems to be taken from others....my JOY!
It seems that my joy is often stolen from the people closest to me.  People that I have known for many years, people that usually add to my joy can often times steal my joy.  However, I (usually) know that their intention is not to steal my joy and to discourage me.
So many times, I am excited about doing things for God.  Big or small things, and many times I am met with opposition from other people.  Words such as "are you sure that you have time for that?" or "Are you crazy?"
Often times I can also take my own joy and throw it to the wayside.  It can only take a nanosecond for my joy to take a nosedive after checking my facebook page first thing in the morning or to check my checking account after all of the checks clear.
The next thing I know, I'm grumy, mad and not trusting God. When my joy disappears, it does nothing for others.  It does not point others to Christ. When my joy disappears, the task that God placed on my heart falls to the wayside and becomes impossible.
However...
As my friend Beth Moore once said "no one has the authority to take my joy from me".  They cannot have my joy, unless I give it away to them. (Not Gonna Happen)
My friend's if God has place an idea on your heart, he will make a way for you to do it. 
God can do anything, you know- far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us.
Ephesians 3:20
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Philippians 4:13
See....God said so!  Don't give your joy away to those who do not support the dreams that God has placed on your heart!  God placed those dreams on your heart for a reason!  He's the author of BIG dreams because he is a BIG God!
P.S....If someone around you has BIG crazy dreams, do not discourage them....encourage them!



No comments:

Post a Comment